Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saying goodbye...

To the 300's! :)

This weigh in I was 301.2 pounds which is a total of 63 pounds in less than 5 months. I am down to 48.5 inches in my waist which is a total of 13 inches lost! Next weigh in I'll be under 300 and I'm not looking back! :)

Nancy has been giving me menu's the past the two weeks and it's really been working for me. I don't have to think about what I'm going to eat because it's basically all automated. I'm telling you, automation really is key to my success. I thought for sure it would be boring and I would feel restricted, but it's actually the opposite. I feel confident in knowing that what I'm eating is going to satiate me and also is nutritionally sound.

I have been having a lot of cravings the last couple of days. I just want to eat! I'm not hungry, I just want to munch. I'm thinking this is because I'm getting ready to start my cycle soon. It's becoming more and more regular, and it truly is a "cycle" because I'm finding that there is a true pattern to my mood, cravings, and even my weight. Sorry if this is TMI but if I can announce to the nation that I've gotten my period, I feel like I can talk about it here! :)

I recently walk/jogged another 5K and had a really good time. I'm not sure if I want to do the half marathon next year, or just set a good goal time for the 5K... We'll see. :) My next goal is to jog the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K. I want to jog the whole thing and I'm pretty confident I can do it. I have until October to train, and in April I'm joining some friends in doing the 9 week Couch to 5K training. Should be fun!

A lot of people are asking me how I started running. I really didn't think I'd be able to, and I was really self-conscious of anyone seeing me try. So, I was doing my 30 minute walk one day and decided to just give it a try. That first time I could only jog a few yards, and I thought I was going to die. LOL But, I kept trying. I then started training using a treadmill and was able to jog for 2 minutes at a time. I still hated anyone seeing me, so if anyone else was in the gym I hated it! But, I wanted to do it, so I kept trying.

I personally prefer jogging outdoors as opposed to the treadmill just because I don't like feeling like I'm going to lose my balance, and I also like having visual markers as opposed to time markers for starting and stopping. But that's just me. Now I'm able to jog a lot further and it takes a lot less time to recover in between spurts.

Hope this helps! Talk to you all soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. I highly recomend the 2011 princess half!!!!! All princesses all shapes& sizes.I had no idea I would feel such a Huge sense of accomplishment. I am hooked and will definitely do it next yr. My fitness level is similar to yours. I just started training (working my butt off literally ...lost 35 lbs in 9 weeks) and slowly built up my endurance, speed, added jogging by doing couch to 5k. Was really scared I would be swept, after I had traveled with family and got others to sign up and train. But like the event tshirt says "I DID IT!!" and so will you....go for it Amy!!! You WILL surprise yourself!!!!!! :) -kc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy - you are such an inspiration to me! Sometimes I read your blog and wish that I could meet Dr. Oz and Nancy!! (maybe sometime they would meet with a canadian overweight woman!! put in a good word for me hey!! )

    I am proud of you!! Way to go. I want to do a run as well - I got up to running 30min on my treadmill - that was a while ago. I stopped for some health reasons and have not gotten on it again.... maybe now :)
    Keep up the amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete