Breakfast (Automated): Egg White Wrap w/ 1/2 Banana (199 calories)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach or shredded zucchini
- 1/4 sweet onion diced
- handful sliced mushrooms
- red pepper flakes (depends on how spicy you can take it, but I use about 1 teaspoon or so)
- salt & pepper to taste
Lunch (Automated): Homemade Lentil Soup (300 calories)
(I'll post the recipe soon!! Don't have it handy at the moment.)
Snack: High Fiber Cereal (120-150 calories depending on the cereal)
You can use Kashi or Fiber One. Both have a great supply of fiber and protein and are phenomenal hunger fighters! :) I pre-package mine in plastic baggies, 1 cup each. Just grab a baggie and go!
Dinner: Varies! Always around 300-400 calories though...
Option 1: Apple Chicken with Spinach (makes 1 serving -- my own concoction!) (approx 321 calories)
- 1 svg (approx 3 oz) of lean chicken breast, cubed (I like to use the pre-cooked, no preservatives added frozen chicken, but you can use whatever chicken you have handy)
- 1/2 small apple finely chopped (I usually snack on the other half while I cook)
- 1 cup frozen (or fresh) spinach (when using frozen I add about 1/3 cup water as well)
- 1/2 raw onion
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- Red pepper flakes, salt & pepper to taste
- about 1-2 teaspoons of Mrs. Dash Mediterranean Seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- pour olive oil into sautee pan on medium high heat
- add all ingredients to pan
- toss frequently, sautee for approximately 15-20 minutes (if chicken is pre-cooked) or until chicken is completely cooked through
- pour into a bowl and enjoy!
- Pierce acorn squash with fork several times, place on microwave safe dish, and microwave on high for approximately 8-10 minutes (varies by size of squash and wattage of microwave)
- While squash is in microwave, spray pan with Olive Oil spray, sautee 2 svgs (or about 6 oz) of chicken breast with 1/2 diced onion, 1-2 cloves garlic, seasoned to taste (you can use chicken cutlets, diced/cubed chicken, etc)
- When acorn squash is soft and ready, cut in half, spoon each half onto it's own plate and add a little sprinkle of salt
- When chicken is thoroughly cooked, spoon onto the squash plates and enjoy!
- pierce potato and microwave until done
- spray sautee pan with olive oil spray, add boca burger, sliced onion, red pepper flakes, a sprinke of garlic salt, flip burger after 5 minutes, then plate
- once potato is done, microwave 1 cup frozen broccoli florets with 1T water for approx 5-8 minutes; while broccoli is cooking, dice or slice potato and add to plate
- to avoid sour cream and add protein I use 1/2 cup cottage cheese over my potato, add a little salt and pepper to taste
- add broccoli to plate and you're good to go!
You can also check out Nancy's blog for some super yummy recipes! http://www.doctoroz.com/expert/nancy-schuessler