Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Some recipes

Some of you have been asking what I eat and what recipes I enjoy. Most of my meals are courtesy of recipes I've gotten from Nancy. I'll post some more later, but here what is a typical day looks like:

Breakfast (Automated): Egg White Wrap w/ 1/2 Banana (199 calories)
  1. 3 egg whites
  2. 1 clove minced garlic
  3. 1 green onion chopped
  4. 1/2 cup spinach or shredded zucchini
  5. 1/4 sweet onion diced
  6. handful sliced mushrooms
  7. red pepper flakes (depends on how spicy you can take it, but I use about 1 teaspoon or so)
  8. salt & pepper to taste
Snack: 12 almonds w/ 1 banana (188 calories total) or 1 apple (160 calories total)

Lunch (Automated): Homemade Lentil Soup (300 calories)
 (I'll post the recipe soon!! Don't have it handy at the moment.)

Snack: High Fiber Cereal (120-150 calories depending on the cereal)
You can use Kashi or Fiber One. Both have a great supply of fiber and protein and are phenomenal hunger fighters! :) I pre-package mine in plastic baggies, 1 cup each. Just grab a baggie and go!

Dinner: Varies! Always around 300-400 calories though...
Option 1: Apple Chicken with Spinach (makes 1 serving -- my own concoction!) (approx 321 calories)
  1. 1 svg (approx 3 oz) of lean chicken breast, cubed (I like to use the pre-cooked, no preservatives added frozen chicken, but you can use whatever chicken you have handy)
  2. 1/2 small apple finely chopped (I usually snack on the other half while I cook)
  3. 1 cup frozen (or fresh) spinach (when using frozen I add about 1/3 cup water as well)
  4. 1/2 raw onion
  5. 1-2 cloves minced garlic
  6. Red pepper flakes, salt & pepper to taste
  7. about 1-2 teaspoons of Mrs. Dash Mediterranean Seasoning
  8. 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • pour olive oil into sautee pan on medium high heat
  • add all ingredients to pan
  • toss frequently, sautee for approximately 15-20 minutes (if chicken is pre-cooked) or until chicken is completely cooked through
  • pour into a bowl and enjoy!
Option 2: Chicken with Acorn Squash (serves 2, super easy!!, approx 150-170 calories, add )
  1. Pierce acorn squash with fork several times, place on microwave safe dish, and microwave on high for approximately 8-10 minutes (varies by size of squash and wattage of microwave)
  2. While squash is in microwave, spray pan with Olive Oil spray, sautee 2 svgs (or about 6 oz) of chicken breast with 1/2 diced onion, 1-2 cloves garlic, seasoned to taste (you can use chicken cutlets, diced/cubed chicken, etc)
  3. When acorn squash is soft and ready, cut in half, spoon each half onto it's own plate and add a little sprinkle of salt
  4. When chicken is thoroughly cooked, spoon onto the squash plates and enjoy!
Option 3: Boca Burger w/ Baked Potato (serves 1, approx 480 calories, also good as a lunch option!)
  1. pierce potato and microwave until done
  2. spray sautee pan with olive oil spray, add boca burger, sliced onion, red pepper flakes, a sprinke of garlic salt, flip burger after 5 minutes, then plate
  3. once potato is done, microwave 1 cup frozen broccoli florets with 1T water for approx 5-8 minutes; while broccoli is cooking, dice or slice potato and add to plate
  4. to avoid sour cream and add protein I use 1/2 cup cottage cheese over my potato, add a little salt and pepper to taste
  5. add broccoli to plate and you're good to go!
I'll have some more recipes posted later, but this is basically what I eat. LOL I thought for sure I'd get bored... but I love it! Having the automation is a lifesaver! I have tried many new recipes over the last several weeks, and I'll post those as soon as I can.

You can also check out Nancy's blog for some super yummy recipes! http://www.doctoroz.com/expert/nancy-schuessler

No comments:

Post a Comment