Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Saturday, January 2, 2010

40s are fabulous!

So much has been going on lately! I have wanted to post so many times and am finally getting the opportunity to do it. New Years was great, and I have to say the best part was that for the first year my resolution was not to get healthy! LOL I'm already doing that! My resolution is to focus on thinking more positively and not being so hard on myself.

This weigh in I finally broke the 40lb mark and have lost a total of 40.4 pounds to date! I'm still hoping for 50 pounds lost by the 13th, but I'm not going to stress out about it. I'll keep doing what I'm doing and trust God to do the rest! :)

I've continued my 5K training and it's almost here! It will be either the 8th or 9th, still working out the details. Just going to do 3 laps around Lake Eola with my friends and family cheering me on! My goal is to run as much as I can, and power walk the rest. If I could finish in under 50 minutes I'd thrilled, but my goal is to just finish it! :)

Unfortunately, I seem to have injured my heel. After doing my workout the other day, I noticed pain in my left heel. I just thought it was from the impact of running the majority of my time on the treadmill and just thought it would go away... well, yesterday it was worse and I did a little research and it looks like I might have planter fasciitis (a heel spur). They typically go away in 12-36 hours with rest and mild stretching. I'm hoping it gets better soon because I'm missing my treadmill time! Wait, did I just say that?? LOL

I have gone from literally FORCING myself to go walk, to now enjoying them and actually finding myself looking forward to them! I'm pushing myself and doing more and more every day. I never thought I'd be running at this point, and to be honest, I'd never believed I'd get to this point at all! It's been incredible.

Rather than being discouraged about my injury and giving up, I've had to get creative to get my workout in. Nancy gave me some great floor exercises that we worked into 4 circuits done 3 times each. I have to admit, I thought the reps would be a nice change but I never thought they would compare to my walk/runs... boy was I wrong! LOL So now I'm not only getting my heart rate up, but I'm also building muscle and toning up which is fantastic.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and that this new year is full of health, happiness, and well-being. :)

3 comments:

  1. so proud of you! you must feel fanastic being well on your way! go, girl, go! we are behind you all the way! This is your year...In 2010, your bondage to lack of health will come to an END!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great keep up the good work . I am enjoying following You and Nancy this is helping me tremendously . Both of you have given me hope that I can do this with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMY!!!! I've been traveling for the holidays and hosting so much that I hadn't been able to check in in awhile. WOWZERS! You are DOING this!! 40 pounds is a lot. I can only imagine that you must really be feeling an outward and inward difference. I was praying for you over break and will continue to as you prepare for your 5K and upcoming Dr. Oz appearance. You are inspiring many others to walk down this road of health. Thanks for sharing your journey with us!! Keep posting those pics and some from your race too!

    ReplyDelete