Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dr. Oz Update!!

Tomorrow, Friday, January 22 my follow up segment on The Dr. Oz Show will air! You will get to see all of the amazing surprises they worked out for me. :) One of the cool things they did was to show my blog, this blog, as it is such an integral part of my success. So, if you found this blog because you saw my follow up show, welcome! I'm so glad you found me and I hope that by being honest, open, and sharing every detail, emotion, good, bad or indifferent part of this process I can inspire you to find the health and wellness you deserve. Because as cliche as it sounds, if I can do this, ANYONE can! Seriously!! :)

Today was the first day of my 30 Day Challenge. There are 5 of us officially participating so the game is on! Our goal is to lose 15 pounds in the next 30 days. Some of you may think that is unsafe, and for some people it might be. But, it's more than feasible for me as I am still over 300 pounds, and since day 1 have been losing an average of 4lbs a week. So, it's all good! :)

But, for those of you who want to jumpstart your own journey to health, but may not have such a substantial amount to lose may find the idea of losing 15 pounds in 30 days to be astronomical. That's ok! It's not about the number! It's about finding that motivation to maintain your focus on the goal. Maybe for some of you the goal needs to be 30 minutes of exercise every day for 30 days. Or, maybe it's time to purge the fridge and pantry, go shopping for the great foods that will keep you satiated, and commit to not eating the 5 foods to avoid for 30 days. Whatever you decide is an attainable, but still challenging goal -- go for it! Join us in this next 30 days to change your life!

This challenge will be hard for me physically more so than the food part will be. I'm Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and oh my goodness! I was feeling it (and still am!) LOL I had to do the modifications through several of the moves, and I found the push ups/plank moves ESPECIALLY difficult. It was the roughest 20 minutes of my workout history! LOL

So what is your challenge going to be? How can you push yourself these next 30 days to reveal just how strong you truly are? I had no idea I'd be able to do even half of the things I've been doing these days. It feels so good to look at something you thought was impossible, and actually accomplish it! What have you got to lose?

You CAN do this!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Girl! This is going to be such an amazing 30 days! I can't believe I was able to finish it. I was really worried. She is intense though, super intense! P.S. I wished we lived closer to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Amy - I just saw you again on Dr. Oz's show, and it made me weep I was so excited for your ongoing success...
    I also blog www.thoughtsfromacountrymouse.blogspot.com and just this week blogged some of my thoughts on the journey... I kind of "fell off the wagon" in December, but I am back on. You have given me inspiration, and I really envy your new relationship with Nancy who is such an incredible cheerleader! Amy - I will look forward to following your blog and your ongoing success and hope to also let you know how you have encouraged me along the way! Way to Go AMY!! YOU GO GIRL.

    Joy from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly an inspiration! I have been trying to loose the same 50 pounds for three years...my health is not good and I need to loose this weight! I have read your blog and am going to start doing what you do! Can you please post the recipe for your lunch - lentil soup, I think. Automation of meals is the key for me. Any other info. about your food woudl be great! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete