Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Over the 50 Pound Mark!!!

I found myself losing focus after coming back from "Oz". :) Kind of felt some finality about taping the show again, and lost a bit of that motivation from having such a HUGE goal before going back to NYC. I talked to Nancy about it and realized that I am a VERY goal oriented person! I need small and big goals, short and long term goals to stay motivated and keep my focus. So, we came up with yet another challenge! My next goal is to lose 15 pounds in the next 30 days!

I'm going to be doing Jillian Michael's "The Shred" for 30 days along with my same eating habits I've picked up these past 12 weeks. I'm still keeping it as lean and natural as possible. Eating less pre-packaged/processed foods, and eating more "whole", natural state, from the ground foods. Also, I'm using as little salt as possible and have found the beauty (and taste!) of Mrs. Dash and all her wonderful seasonings. :)

Today was weigh day, and I'm down another 3 pounds for a total of 51 pounds lost to date!!! By the end of my challenge I will be out of the 300's for the first time in so long I don't even remember!!!

Yesterday I did the elliptical for 45 minutes straight! It was incredible, painful, exhausting, and so very rewarding! I wanted to quit after about 30 minutes, but I just couldn't. Something I've taken away from The Biggest Loser is that you need to finish what you start. I set my goal for 45 minutes and I needed to not give up until I got there. :) I didn't keel over and die, I wasn't even sore this morning. So even though my body was tired, and my mind kept telling me to just stop, I'd done enough, I couldn't stop. :)

So if your goal is to walk, or bike, or whatever, set a time limit and do it! Whether it's 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, etc. just don't stop until you reach that goal. It made me so proud to have done it, and I know that you will feel so empowered by not giving up! :)

1 comment:

  1. Usually with the elliptical you will not feel sore, as when jogging cause remember you are runing in the air so your muscles and body don't feel the impact directly; but with the 30 day shred of Jillian Michaels you are going to feel it... I have that DVD and I ask myself everyday if I do it or not, cause I'm lazy, but it really works, even though I don't make it everyday and is because of being a circuit program, the only thing I recommend you with that program is don't stop even if you feel you can't do it, cause that the only way to see the results. Keep on going toward your goal and show the world that people don't need to be overweight grownups just because they were overweight kids. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete