Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Dreaded Scale!

My scale and I have not been seeing eye to eye for some time now... I admit, I have not held up my end of the bargain as well as I should be. But really? Does it have to be so traumatic to step on a scale? Why do I equate the scale with success or failure rather than how I'm feeling physically? I feel great! I've been running more than I thought possible, I've been more consistent lately than before. And yet, I step on the scale and see that?!?

So how do I go from panic attacks prior to weigh in to just looking at the number as one data point of many in calculating my success? How do disassociate the emotion from the scale?

I know that the number is important, but I also know that it is not the ONLY measure of my success (at least intellectually I get that, but not so much on the emotional level). Ugh... Just gotta keep trying!

2 comments:

  1. It is just a number, and you are working so hard towards your goals! Just keep going girl! BTW, I love the new background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn! I just find it so hard not to get wrapped up in the number... but I'm getting there! The backgrounds are fun! :)

    ReplyDelete