Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 6!

Two days before weigh in I'm super stoked to see how much progress I have made. In preparation of my weigh in, and all of the weigh in's to come, I made a thermometer to track my progress! :) My first goal is to lose 10% of my body weight, which is about 36 pounds. Normally I would never share my actual weight with ANYONE, but since I shared it on the Dr. Oz show I figure all of America will know soon enough! LOL






I cannot wait to update this graph! Looking forward to weighing in is so weird! I weigh myself often, but usually with a sense of dread, not wondering how much I've lost, but how much I've gained. Seeing that number climb every time I stepped on the scale has been so disheartening. I had begun to lose hope that I would ever be a "normal" size. I had accepted the fact that I would be fat the rest of my life. I had convinced myself that I was a failure and could never overcome my food addiction.

Today, six days after meeting the most incredible woman (next to my mommy) that I have ever known, I have reclaimed the hope of being healthy, and better yet, happy. I have such a peace about this. I know that I can do it. I am doing it. By the grace of God I am getting healthier one day at a time. I am seeing success, I am feeling empowered, I am one step closer to defeating this addiction. I am eating to live rather than living to eat.

I still want to eat 24/7. I still struggle every second to make the right food choice and to skip the stuff I know I should not eat. Not having rice and sour cream on my burrito bowl today was so hard. I love rice! I love sour cream! Last night my hubby stopped at McDonald's on his way home from work and I wanted to taste his burger SO BAD. I was literally drooling. But, I walked away. I did not give in. And it felt SO GOOD!

I never ever ever ever thought I would be able to say no to the food I loved and feel good about it. I am not that girl. I am the one who reads stories like this and says, "yeah, right. whatever." But I'm telling you, if I can do it, you CAN DO IT.

Even right now my tummy is saying "FEED ME!!!!" lol but I am not going to do it. I am going to fill up my water bottle, and drink up! :)

2 comments: