Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 7

This time last week I was flying home from NYC wondering if I was really going to be able to do this. I had eaten my "last meal" and was terrified of failing and letting everyone down. I was afraid that I couldn't let go of my addiction to food. I was afraid that I was going to be that one person who just couldn't change.

Seven days later I feel like I different person! I am strong, and feeling great. I am battling this food addiction head on. I have family and friends who are standing up along side of me and encouraging me, cheering me on to success.

Tomorrow I weigh in, and I am sooooo excited! I cannot wait to post my results. :)

I was watching the Biggest Loser tonight and as much as I love the show something didn't sit right with me. Their focus is weight loss and health, which is great. They are competing with each other which is a great motivator. But what I was startled by was their reaction to the number on the scale. One of them men lost 5 pounds in a week, and he was disappointed. One of the women lost 4 pounds and she about burst into tears -- not from happiness, but from what appeared to be shame.

I can't say I won't be disappointed if I don't see a drop in the numbers tomorrow. But what I'm going to try to dwell on regardless of what the scale says is how wonderful I feel! I am reconnecting with my Lord and Savior in such a sweet and powerful way. I am taking back control of my body instead of letting fat and sugar and carbs control me.

I am happy. I am excited. I am empowered. To me, these things are so much more significant than what that scale tells me tomorrow. My life is changing so dramatically. I am not the same woman who stepped off that plane last week. And I am so looking forward to all of the changes to come.

I just have to remind myself of all of this tomorrow! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Amy ~ you are so right not to let satan steal your joy, stay strong in God and don't let the enemy win! ~ Sarah C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do not like that TV show because I think they push too much. it is not a realistic, healthy pace. guess it would not be a tv show unless it happens quickly!

    ReplyDelete