Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 15 -- What a day!!! :)

Today was weigh in day and I was a tad apprehensive. But, I took a deep breath, stepped on the scale and... I lost 5.8 pounds!!! :) So exciting! Then, I measured my waist to see if I had lost inches since taping the show, and I have lost 3 inches!!! PTL!! :)

I'm really learning a lot about my self as I go along this journey... I am so super sensitive to criticism of any kind. I also tend to perceive criticism when it's not there (and I do this a lot). I have this inane sense that I am supposed to know everything. And I don't mean in the smart aleck, know it all kind of way, but in the sense that I basically expect myself to be perfect. This causes me a lot of anxiety and stress. As if life isn't stressful enough, I feel it necessary to burden myself with perfectionism... crazy. LOL

It's especially hard because I no longer have my usual comfort to turn to. So now, I am forced to find comfort from where I should have been finding it all along - the Lord. He is my comfort, my strength, my salvation. When I start to freak out at things, I just need to remember that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. And, He puts people in my life to teach me the things I do not know. Because I do not know it all... :)

1 comment:

  1. Good job! I'm glad that you're learning so much about yourself. I struggle with many of the same issues. I am overly sensitive to criticism and have expectations for myself that I don't always meet. Then I feel like a failure.. which makes me want to eat to feel better... but then I just feel worse and eat some more...It's a vicious cycle and hard to get past when it's all you've ever known. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm rooting for ya and am excited to follow your progress! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete