Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 25

Today was full of beautiful weather and wonderful quality time with my hubby. :) I had such a great day, in large part because I was able to wear a shirt that used to be WAY too small! It was such a good feeling. But even better than that, my husband, out of the blue, told me how great I look and that he can really tell I'm losing weight and he is so very proud of me. I was on cloud 9!!! :)

I'm hoping I can carry that positive attitude through the week ahead. I tend to be my own worst critic and find that I have a very negative stream of thought toward myself. Nancy gave me some great ideas about how to stop that and turn it into something positive. For example, when I make a mistake or do something I feel was stupid, I will tell myself I am so stupid. What I will do from now on though is say, yes, I made a mistake, but I am not stupid. God made my brain to be able to perfom infinte tasks and complex processes. Or, if I feel huge and disgusting and feel like someone is looking at me funny, I just stop and say, they aren't looking at me because I'm huge, they are looking at my cute purse (or top, or necklace, etc).

It's amazing how powerful our thoughts are and how they can truly influence our self-esteem. Take some time to identify your negative thoughts and try to turn them around.

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Amy-

    After reading this post, I wanted to share a devotional that I read earlier this month that is along the same lines. By the way, they are probably looking at the beautiful necklace you are wearing :)

    http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/upwords/11610209/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you on Dr. Oz today. I am inspired to try AGAIN to get on track on lose some weight. It seems like it's so impossible. It's my lifelong battle. Thanks for being so brave and sharing your story on TV. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be a duplicate comment. I saw you on Dr. Oz this morning. I too have battled my weight my entire life. I feel like I can't change. I hope to try AGAIN starting today after seeing you on TV. I hope to keep in touch with you via our blogs. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete