Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 18 - And it begins :)

Today is day 18 and I find that pretty amazing. LOL 18 days with NO SUGAR!!! But today, day 18, was probably the hardest so far. I am hungry! lol

Usually my breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack combo keeps the hunger at bay... not today! I was fine up until lunch time... I think perhaps I waited too long to eat, but we were out and about and lunch just happened to be later than usual... ThenI had my snack a little earlier than I should have, so by dinner I was starving again... ugh. So, I ate my lentil soup, which is normally very filling, and after eating the last spoonful I was still hungry. Are you kidding me??

I fixed myself a huge glass of ice water, and knew that if I didn't distract myself I was going to raid the fridge. So I got my ribbon out and started making bows for my nieces. Mikayla, 3 months old, is being christened on the 21st and I promised to make her a white bow. So I got started on, and finished that.

Then I realized it was snack time! Woohoo!!! Fat free yogurt never tasted so good. Soon after that it was time for my nightly call with Nancy. She called right on schedule, and we talked about last night's rice "incident" as well as how things are going for both of us, etc. That distracted me for a good 30 minutes or so. When I got off the phone with her, my annoying hunger was back so I finished up the brown bow I had started for Allyana, my 16 month old niece.

Now, I'm typing this and still, I feel hungry... I have had sufficient calories for the day, and I have had plenty of water. So now, I'm going to go to bed, and dream of my egg white wrap I'll be having for breakfast.

But, as hard as this day has been, I know that I am succeeding. I didn't binge like I normally would. I didn't get rebelious or pouty like I have during past diets. It's just as hard and annoying to feel so hungry, and I WANT TO EAT but I'm not going to! :)

1 comment:

  1. It sucks to struggle with hunger, but I'm glad to read you won the battle yesterday. Pat yourself on the back for that one. I've no doubt you'll win the war, too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete