Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 20!!!

Day 20 is about in the bag... time is flying by! Today I went to the Get Motivated! seminar at the Amway Arena. There were some very inspiring speakers. A lot of what they spoke about is applicable at work (as it was intended) but it also goes so far beyond that. The majority of their messages were focused on being prepared, being a kind and genuinely caring person, and of course, doing your best in everything you do.

So, I began to think about this in terms of living healthy. Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani spoke about preparation and being successful. There is no way to anticipate every possible event or outcome. However, you can prepare for everything you can reasonably anticipate. If you are prepared for everything you anticipate, you will be prepared for the things you coud not anticipate.

In terms of living healthy you cannot always anticipate where you are going to be or what will be available to you in terms of food choices. But, if you prepare and make yourself familiar with all the possible options you can think of, you will most likely be able to make good choices when you are in unfamiliar territory.

Like today, I knew that my food choices were going to be limited. So in order to avoid temptations and hunger I packed foods I knew I could have. I made myself my usual egg white wrap for breakfast. I packed a banana and almonds for a snack, an all natural peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread and an apple for lunch, a snack of almonds and another apple to tide me over until I got home for dinner. By doing this I had yummy food choices that I knew were healthy and well within my calorie plan, and I also avoided all of the fried, greasy, diet busting foods they offered (and saved about $30 lol).

Preparation and anticipation are key to success, not only in your professional life, but also in your personal life, especially in terms of your health. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment