Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 22 -- Beginning Week 4!!

I found out today that the woman who made my beautiful necklace from Nancy is Jennifer Scourfield. I put her website on my links in case anyone wants to order a beautiful necklace for yourself, or for a loved one as a gift for Christmas. :) Her site is http://forgetmenotsjewelry.com/about.html

Well, today was my third weigh in and I'm down another 3.4 pounds! Even better, I'm down another inch in my waist for a total of 4 inches lost and 19.2 pounds lost!!! I'm completely amazed...

Nancy gave me a challenge for this week to see how it affects my numbers next weigh in. No eating foods I didn't prepare myself (except salad)! I don't eat out a ton, but probably a few times a week... I'm thinking this is going to be the hardest thing yet! LOL

I'm excited for the show airing tomorrow... but I'm so nervous! My weight, measurements, BMI, etc are going to be shared with all of America. Nancy asked me what I was feeling, and I just realized that I'm feeling embarrassed. I'm embarrassed that I allowed myself to get so big. I'm embarrassed that my waist measurement is the biggest they have ever had on the show (and yes, Dr. Oz actually says that after announcing my measurement).

Going into it I knew that all of this would be shared on national television... but the reality is sinking in now! LOL No turning back now I guess! :)

Here is a link to the preview clip of my show... http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/friday-dr-oz

6 comments:

  1. Don't be embarrassed! You look beautiful! You are such an inspiration to me and soon to sooooooooo many more women in American. Hold your head high tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I was just able to watch your episode online. It is so wonderful! You were beautiful! I am sitting here at work crying, lol. You are doing such a great job Amy! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,
    I just posted a note to you through Nancy's sister's facebook. I found your blog last week when I knew that Nancy was going to be on Dr. Oz again. I went to college with Nancy and Amy. I'm so excited for you. Amy, I understand that you feel embarrassed...but you are changing those measurements and numbers. That is the past and you are not those anymore. Plus, you sharing those will actually challenge more people to take the step. Your humility is what will bring true change and I respect you for putting it out there! You are doing AMAZING!!! I'm so proud of you! Keep it up and thanks for sharing your journey with the world. You are inspiring me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy I watched the show today, I live in Hudson, Oh and know the woman who is helping with Nancy's book, our son's play sports together. I just wanted to cheer you on in your weight loss. Your thoughts and feelings of embarassement, attractiveness, self worth, are typical of most overweight women, whether it is 20 pounds overweight, or 200 lbs. I am about 25 lbs overweight, and I'm addicted to food too. I have been as much as 50 lbs overweight, but I'm only 5'0" tall so if I gain 5 lbs it shows. I started a diet again this week when Julie put Nancy's Dr. OZ apperance on her Facebook page, and my mind has beeen having a food orgie in the cupboards, there is still, Halloween candy, Little Debbies, and chips in the house! I do not want to be obese like my Grandmother, Mom & Aunt. You are an ispiration to me, because if you can start your weight loss, with so much to lose, it inspires me to try my hardest to lose while I have so little! Love, and Prayers~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck to you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy,

    You are AMAZING! Don't even be embarassed (I know, easier said than done, right?) - it is incredible that you are putting yourself out there for us.

    I just watched the Dr. Oz show and caught this episode. I'm glad Dr. Oz showed the backstory of it. You totally brought tears to my eyes!

    I just wanted to let you know that today you have inspired me, like Nancy inspired you...I have some plans to get started on...keep going! Good luck!

    Thank you! =)

    ReplyDelete