Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Planning to Fail, or Failing to Plan

For those of you who watched the show you heard Dr. Oz say that we are not planning to fail when we embard on a weight loss journey, we are failing to plan.

Every other diet I've done has consisted of me feeling restricted, rebellious, and HUNGRY. I was so focused on eating the foods I wanted instead of eating the foods I needed. Of course I love pasta, rice, lots of oil and butter, etc etc etc... Well, if you try to eat those same foods in a 2000 calorie diet you're gonna be left wanting!

Most of you saw the food choices Nancy and Dr. Oz recommend, and that they also recommend automating your meals (having the same meal for breakfast every day, the same lunch every day, and then mix it up at dinner). At first I thought this would be BORING. But surprise surpise I cannot imagine not eating my egg white wrap every day! It has tons of protein and fiber (a fabulous hunger fighting combo). And it's soooo yummy!

The spaghetti squash is a big hit at my house. Having an Italian husband who loves pasta I was a little hesitant to suggest we replace our regular pasta night with a vegetable. lol Surprise number 2, he LOVES it! We have not had pasta in over three weeks and we honestly don't miss it.

I think the biggest change for me has been going without sugar and eliminating white, simple carbs... I honestly didn't think I could do it. I've never been able to before. For the life of me, I could not see that actually happening 100%. But you know what? I did it! I am doing it! I have not had sugar in 24 days and the best part is, I don't crave it!

The best part of this whole thing is that I love the foods I'm eating. I eat them every day, and I never once think to myself, "if I have to eat one more egg white... or carrot... or fill in the blank, I'm going to die." NOT ONCE! I look forward to my meals and snacks. Where once I was constantly thinking about the next thing I would put in my mouth, I am now having to remind myself to eat my snacks.

For those of you reading this who think, yeah... right. all I can say is I have been there. I started there. 364 pounds is a lot of eating. 61.5" waist is a lot of bad choices. I do not naturally want to eat these good for me foods. But I'm learning. If I can do it, you can too! I highly recommend getting Dr. Oz's book YOU: On a Diet. It is full of information and education so that you can learn about calories and fat and sugar and nutrition in general. Knowledge really is power!

No comments:

Post a Comment