Running the Disney Princess Half Marathon magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 24 - but to America, Day 1 :)

It's weird to think that to all of America yesterday was the day I decided to change my life, and follow Nancy Schuessler and Dr. Oz's health and wellness plan. In TV-world I'm just beginning my journey. In some ways that is true as I have so far to go, but the reality is I have so very far!

I have lost 19.2 pounds and 4.5 inches from my waist. I have seen so many changes in my body, not just in terms of size, but also in functionality. More importantly, I have seen amazing changes in my mentality and self-esteem. The old me would never EVER talk about my weight, my food choices, my hunger level, or anything that might point out the obvious fact that I am morbidly obese.

The new me has come to realize that speaking out and sharing my thoughts, feelings, and realizations is so empowering! It's like by shining a light on my insecurities they slowly dwindle to nothingness. By baring my soul and innermost fears I am finding I am certainly not the only one feeling this way or going through this. I have found so many kindred spirits, and also suport and accountability partners.

Knowledge truly is powerful. Every day I learn something else about myself, about nutrition, about the reasons why I got here in the first place... It took me 30 years to get to this point, and I'm looking forward to what lies ahead to get me to health and wellness. I know it will take WAY less than 30 years, but it certainly won't be overnight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment